Find More Ideal Customers with Buyer Personas written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing
Marketing Podcast with Adele Revella
You know how much I love to talk about strategy -well, the reason is that strategy before tactics is how the game is played – I mean, if you want to win.
But, what exactly is strategy?
It’s many things I suppose, which one of the reasons it’s so vexing for most people.
Know this, however, you can’t get your marketing strategy right unless you understand who it is you’re aiming at.
I don’t simply mean who your target marketing is, that’s an element, but you can’t stop there.
You have to understand them – what drives them, what scares them, how they make decisions, and even how they use your product or service – and one of the only ways to get to this level of understanding is to ask!
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Adele Revella, CEO of the Buyer Persona Institute and author of Buyer Personas: How to Gain Insight Into Your Customers’ Expectations, Align Your Marketing Strategies and Win More Business. We discuss buyer personas, how to identify your ideal customers, and how to get your ideal customers to tell you how to earn their business.
Questions I ask Adele:
- Are buyer personas really as powerful as your book suggests?
- Can you build buyer personas for your ideal customers yourself?
- How can you reach customers earlier in the buying process?
What You’ll Learn if You Give a Listen:
- Why you must conduct interviews in order to build accurate buyer personas
- How to make the information gained in a persona interview actionable
- The many ways you can use buyer personas to improve your marketing
To find out more about Adele, the Buyer Persona Institute and her book, Buyer Personas: How to Gain Insight Into Your Customers’ Expectations, Align Your Marketing Strategies and Win More Business, visit http://www.buyerpersona.com/
Blog – Duct Tape Marketing